[MPlayer-users] mencoder usage help

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Fri Jun 28 03:50:02 CEST 2002

Hi, I tried making a Divx video today with the command line you gave
me(except I enabled the audio to be encoded with lamemp3). couple
questions, because the output video quality was quite poor...

1. the mpeg source is interlaced, is there a setting i need to use to
take this into account?

2. the output divx file looked compressed. the original is 480x480 and
when i play it back in mplayer i get the line

VO: [xv] 480x480 => 640x480 Planar YV12

but when encoding I get this

VDec: vo config request - 480 x 480 (preferred csp: Mpeg PES)
Couldn't find matching colorspace - retrying with -vop scale...
Opening video filter: [scale]
Sorry, selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
VDecoder init failed :(

which I don't understand at all...

3. there was lots of artifacting of the output divx file that got
created, what other settings can i try to increase the quality(or is the
only real way to increase the bitrate?

thanks!

--

Steven Adeff
ADEFFS at RPI.EDU

Those who can think, do; those who cannot, dress funny.

"Bodies are for hookers and fat people" - Bender

You can teach the ignorant, with the stupid there is no hope.

"You see, eventually your music will help put an end to war
and poverty, it will align the planets and bring them into
universal harmony, allowing meaningful contact with all
forms of life."
-Bill 'n' Teds Excellent Adventure