[MPlayer-users] neomagic card problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jun 28 00:09:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I downloaded the neomagic drivers from the mplayer site that has support for
> xv. The movies play ok in window mode but in fullscrenn small lines appear
> more and on the scren. They are about 1 px high and 10 across.  Has it
> something to do with the memoryoverlay option or something.  I have a acer
> 508dx laptop with a neomagic graphics card i think it is magicgraph128d or
> something. I run Mandrake 8.2. And as i said the xv driver works well in
> window mode but it gets some strange lines in fullscreen mode.

Sorry, we are NOT the authors of these drivers - and we can't help or
support them. Ask teh driver author(s)...

Anyway, similar things happen to matrox g200 at very high resolution+refresh
rates... the overlay chip ha slimited pixelrate it seems, and above the
limit it introduces such artifacts

i've heard similar about old nvidia tnt cards too

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team