[MPlayer-users] yes I did rtfm

Glyn glyn.kennington at hertford.oxford.ac.uk
Thu Jun 27 14:49:01 CEST 2002

Samuel Liddicott wrote:
> > Samuel Liddicott didn't RTFM :
> > > So this is how you deal with someone who DID actually follow the docs,
> who
> > > did check his gcc but didn't know something undocument that you did,
> which
> > > tells more colourful things about you and how you direct your efforts
> than
> > > about him and his documented efforts.
> > Just check the subj, and his mails.. Nah thread closed for me.
>
> You are closed to a lot of people I wish someone would fix ...

I wish someone would fix your quoting.  You may find

http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/quotefix.php

to be useful.

> this stupid list so reply didn't reply to the whole world

Or you can check for yourself that your reply isn't going to the whole
world.  Most posters will want to reply to the list, and a few to the
original sender alone; you can't please everyone.  I run a number of
mailing lists, and I can assure you, more people get frustrated by a
lack of a Reply-To: header than the presence of it.

Glyn

--
Here's an idea: next time you're tempted to start another boring fucking
conversation about boring fucking football, why don't you poke one of