[MPlayer-users] Problem playing .mov files with mplayer 0.9.0pre5

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jun 26 00:00:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > anyway the files look broken, but even if they aren't, the problem is
> > inside the DLL it seems. can you play these on windows using their VfW DLL
> > codec?
> >
> > i have several .avi and .mov samples using this codec and all work fine,
> > except these 2 you uploaded
>
> Sorry, I don't have a Windows-box around... I could try at work tommorow
> though...
> I got them straight from the Stormahead website http://www.stormahead.com so I
> don't think the files are broken..

yep, they are ok... more-or-less.
i've got it working by manually hacking width/height in the file to be
multiple of 16. it seems that VfW codec doesn't like/detect/support/etc
non-n*16 width/height frames, while the quicktime version does.

i "just" have to find the right place to workaround this problem/codec bug

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team