[MPlayer-users] Converting AVI files to MPEG-1

GD Lewis gdltek1 at dfnow.com
Wed Jun 19 07:03:02 CEST 2002

Thank you VERY much!  That was probably one of the most concise answers
that I've ever gotten.  That's HOWTO material there!

I will give this a try and I have every confidence that it will work.  I
will see if I can't find that script as well, or I can just throw
together one of my own I suppose.

Thanks again!  :-))

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 00:03, emaillist+mpu at dogphilosophy.net wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 June 2002 07:52 pm, GD Lewis wrote:
> > Hey, does anyone have a clue as to how to go about using either MEncoder
> > or Mplayer to convert avi movies to mpeg-1 format suitable for burning
> > to VCD?
> >
> > The best I could think to do would be to use the -vo yuv4mpeg option and
> > then pipe the stream thorugh the mjpegtools utilities like this:
> >
> > <mplayer -vo yuv4mpeg "source.avi" | yuvscaler -O VCD | mpeg2enc -f 1 -r
> > 16 -o "target.mpg">
>
> Close, but the basic concept works.  I HAVE used mplayer/mencoder to
> create vcd's this way, in conjunction with the mjpeg tools (and, of course,
> vcdimager and cdrdao).

<snip>