[MPlayer-users] subtitle / audio sync problems when using DXR3 Output

Anzi anzi at satabaana.net
Sun Jun 16 22:30:02 CEST 2002

Hi!

I have problems with audio /  video / subtitle syncing. When playing
DVD:s (and divx-movies) Mplayer works fine when I output video to
PC-display (via - vo xv)-> subs, video and audio are in sync. But when
the output is directed to TV via DXR3 card (using -vo dxr3 -vc mpegpes
(with DVDs)) subtitles are usually out of sync (sometimes they are sync
but they just flash on screen very fast). Sometimes when subtitles are
in sync with the video, the audio is delayed or advanced compared with
video. I read something about syncinc problems from DOCS/DXR3, but I was
wondering if these problems are what the docs mean. I have tried some
options (nocache,-aop list=resample:fout=48000..), but nothing seems to
solve the problem.

I also have TV-output on my video card, but I preferably use the
hardware decoder (DXR3-card), because it gives me better picture with
DVD:s.

I have used mplayer since about version 0.60 and updated it with CVS
frequently. I attached files that were required in the bugreports.html.

-Anzi

ps. hopefully this doesn't come multiple times, mozilla just crashed..