[MPlayer-users] playing with subs and mplayer

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 20:44:01 CEST 2002

On 16 Jun 2002 19:44:23 +0200
Lethal Weapon <lethalwp at linuxbe.org> wrote:

> > Can you be a bit more precise ?
> for example: normally at (mplayer lotr-cd1.avi -sub lotr1-24010\

Ah, ok, i understood. Looks like there is something broken in
the handling of the -subdelay and -subfps handling.
What about using -dumpmpsub, fixing the timing by hand
(the fileformat is meant to be easy to correct timings)
and the use -dumpsrtsub with this file ?

> > What's up with the vobsub thing ?
> I don't know how they were ripped of the dvd, they should be read with
> "vobsub 2.14.exe" (i won't reboot win,no.) or something
>
> and they are totally unusable with mplayer, only the last sentence is
> shown when seeking
> I agree, those files could be b0rken

Hmm... Could be a bug in the vobsub system.
Make an own bugreport for it and uplaod samples to
the ftp server.

		Attila Kinali
--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.