[MPlayer-users] HTML mails and people who cant user the return key

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 18:18:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, 16 Jun 2002 17:37:52 +0200
Haas Wernfried <amnenion at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> possible: quote on top / reply below (my opinion: sucks on ML)

Why does it suck ? The only reason i can see to use TOFU[1] is when
forwarding a mail that ppl first see why it's forwared.

> 	  reply on top / quote old mail below
> 	  reply into quoted text like i just do now
> which of them is preffered on this list?

Quote above, reply below. Whereas you reply to parts of a mail
(ie not full quote above the reply) and truncate all the unneeded
parts of the quotes. Such as i reply to this mail.

> > P^4S: This is nothing but the normal mailinglist nettiquete so
> > you should memorize them
>
> what about adding links your 4 PSes and a link to some nettiquette site to the
> ML suscribing page and/or into the welcome-to-mplayer-list-mail?
> i guess it won't help a lot, but maybe it's worth a try...

Good idea. Gabu ? Arpi ?

		Attila Kinali

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.