[MPlayer-users] NeoMagic & RedHat 7.3

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sun Jun 16 13:11:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002 18:01:11 -0400
Thomas Nowakowski <tnowakow at umich.edu> wrote:

> ~~~mplayer~~~ mplayer -vo xv 'filename'
> Start playing...
> VDec: vo config request - 640 x 272 (preferred csp: Planar YV12)
> Movie-Aspect is undefined - no prescaling applied.
> VO: [xv] 640x272 => 640x272 Planar YV12
> X11 error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)  0.0% 0 0 34%
>
> ~~~Xine~~~ xine -V xv 'filename'
> received X error event: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
> video_out_xv: x11 error during shared memory XImage creation
> video_out_xv: => not using MIT Shared Memory extension.
> X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  141 (XVideo)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  18 ()
>   Serial number of failed request:  3960

Well, you know that neomagic is just a all cheapo graphic chip ?
I dont know if it's a driver or hardware problem what you have,
but in your case i'd look to get a better graphic card
(either a matrox or an ati or any other you think it's good,
but you should first check for proper linux support).

		Attila Kinali

PS: no, i dont think you should choose a nvidia :-)

--
Israel, where the first genocide of this century takes place.