[MPlayer-users] Attitude Anyone?

Darren White dwhite at tp.devry.edu
Thu Jun 13 17:41:02 CEST 2002

This is just a friendly thought.

I think you experts should be careful about your attitudes when replying
to mail. The people who are asking for help are not trying to get put
down just because you know something and they don't.

Maybe a 'newbie' forum should be created with an expert who doesn't mind
answering "dumb" questions? This may cut down on churn in your
development forum.

The purpose of a community support mailing list SHOULD be to stimulate
HEALTHY dialog between the "haves" and the "have nots". Be considerate
of your replies. I'm sure there is something that you don't know and
would like to get response w/o feeling insulted.

There is tons of info out there about mplayer and linux and searching
for it sometimes is not as easy as just asking the question. This is how
people learn

I do a lot of reading before I ask a question so don't think I am not
researching before I ask. My mplayer works fine for a newbie. I am proud
of myself for installing a linux system with little or no support. I am
just trying to make improvements.

I do understand that some questions can be annoying. There should be a
better system to handle this problem. Bashing people is not a solution
because it maybe defeating the system's intended purpose!

Hey, you guys are a great resource and I hope I have not offended
anyone, If I have, I apologize in advance.