[MPlayer-users] File plays faster without audio

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Thu Jun 13 15:11:01 CEST 2002

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:48:39 +0300 Samuli Kärkkäinen
<skarkkai at woods.iki.fi> wrote:

> > It's due to the fact that no framedrop is available is there's no
> > sound to sync with. Without sound frames aren't dropped and movie
> > slows down.
>
> Obviously when no audio is available, it would be possible to
> periodically check if the correct amount of frames have been played
> (based on ftps of the file and the wall clock time elapsed), and skip
> (or duplicate) frames as necessary?

Obviously yes, however Mplayer's developers don't really care about it. I
tried to do it and send a patch, but it got on my nerves.
But if you do it, send the patch (to mplayer-dev-eng list), I don't think
Arpi and co would refuse it if it's good :)
--
Colin
panic("huh?\n");