[MPlayer-users] Bug report / suggestion for -idx and -forceidx

Jonathan Viney jonathan at neuron.net.nz
Thu Jun 13 14:04:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

I have noticed that mplayer does not continue reconstructing the movie
file if it comes across a corrupt frame. Eg: I have partial avi file
which has a corrupt frame part way through and when the reindexing
process gets to this frame it stops and starts playing the file.

The windows equivalent (DivFix) notes the corrupted frame and keeps
reconstructing the index.

So the end result is that I can't watch the avi file past the corrupt
frame with -idx or -forceidx.

The command lines I used were:

mplayer -forceidx test.avi
mplayer -idx test.avi