[MPlayer-users] Soundcard Survey [was: DVD sound sync]

Timo Teifel tml at teifel.net
Thu Jun 13 11:05:02 CEST 2002

> what about other file formats? like avi, asf, mov ?
I don't have any asf's, and the only mov's I ever found happened to be
Sorenson codec... but all avi's work fine.

> is the delay constant? random? depends on bitrate? samplerate?
If a file/DVD needs the correction, it's always constant -200ms, for the whole
file.
Worst problem is that I can't encode this file into DivX with the a/v
correction, since no such option for mencoder exists.
BTW: xine plays these files without the desync, only the avi encoded with
mencoder has wrong sync!

I've uploaded a sample LOG file and a corresponding TXT file which also
contains my system configuration.
audio_stream_200ms.log/txt

Timo