[MPlayer-users] Soundcard Survey [was: DVD sound sync]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jun 13 00:25:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > Same problem here.
> > OSS, Kernel 2.4.18, SB Live! 5.1, NVidia GeForce2MX, Athlon900,
> > 0.9pre* and CVS from 10.06.2002
> >
> > I also had the same problem with some mpg files - MPEG1 and MPEG2....
>
> me too, -200 or -300 ms for every DVD I've tried... doesn't really
> bother me - after it's set, it seems to be fine. Other formats don't
> seem to have the problem.
>
> pre5, 2.4.17, kernel OSS drivers, Soundblaster Live 5.1, Athlon 1G,
> G400.

hmm. i've found that drivers doing double/more buffering, like vidix and
mga_vid may delay video by 3-4 frames, so for 25fps video by up to 160 ms

could you try with -nodouble, if it makes any difference ?

(i also have g400, and just playing that hippolit dvd gabu mentioned but
cannot see that -300ms desync)

also note, that the frame dropping code allows 100ms + dropped*50ms delay
(tiny a-v delay is better than dropper frames, imho)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team