[MPlayer-users] Soundcard Survey [was: DVD sound sync]

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Wed Jun 12 16:24:07 CEST 2002

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 16:09, Michael Lampe wrote:

> Every DVD I played with mplayer so far needed a delay of about -200 ms
> for good A/V sync.
>
> CPU is only a Celeron433, but from the CPU load and the fact that
> mplayer doesn't drop frames, I'd say this is fast enough.
>
> Soundcard is a Soundblaster PCI64 (Ensoniq ES1371). Same Problem with
> OSS (both kernel drivers and commercial) and ALSA (both 0.5 and 0.9).
>
> So my question to all of you who claim perfect A/V sync with DVD
> playback: What's your CPU? Which soundcard/driver combination dou you use?

I'm experiencing the same problem with DVD playback. Sound card is Sound
Blaster Live! (with ALSA drivers, used via OSS emulation), CPU is
Celeron 933 MHz. All the mplayer versions (0.* pre*, and CVS) give the
same result.

--
Alex Shnitman <alexsh at hectic.net>
http://alexsh.hectic.net/   UIN 188956