[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users digest, Vol 1 #1132 - 16 msgs

steffen stef22 at gmx.de
Tue Jun 11 23:04:01 CEST 2002

On Tuesday, 11. June 2002 21:20, you wrote:
> >Hi,

> >> DOCS/bugreports.html] >
> >>

> >> Me too ;-), and IIRC lots of others also seem to have sync problems when
> >> playing DVDs. Although my machine (Celeron466) isn't fast at all, I do
> >> not think it's a performance problem. My suspicion is that mplayer is
> >> not paying attention to some kind of constant time offset specified in
> >> the MPEG.

> >anyway i still say that it's probably audio driver problem
> >mpeg files has exact timestamps on both video and audio, and i've never
> >heard about constant a-v offset used in mpeg files or dvd disks
> >so, the only way to get a-v desynced is bad driver of slow system

I don't think that a vob is a pure mpeg-stream, furthermore it is a container
therein  some audio streams and some video streams are. Hmmm I have to try
some well known DVDs with that I know dvd2avi put this audio_delay != 0 if I
can reproduce it I let you know the title ...
> >A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> I also get a constant audio/video stream offset with some DVDs when playing
> with mplayer that can be get rid of by using + and - keys.
>
> Further more, when I demux ac3 streams from a vob with the win32 program
> called dvd2avi, the program will output the audio/video delay for each
> stream in the filenames of the demuxed tracks. Often the offset is
> different from 0 with the vobs I tried.

Yes a lot of other tools do the same e.g.  vstrip + smartripper

> http://arbor.ee.ntu.edu.tw/~jackei/dvd2avi/ Sourcecode is also on the site,
> I think that the delay is calculated in the getbit.c file.
>
> Best Regards,
> Frank Leavis

Is it helpfull to translate a german article which describes the structure of
DVDs? It was in the c't a german computing magazine

Best regards

Steffen