[MPlayer-users] DVD on a LAN

Peter Plantagenet plantagenet at music.com
Mon Jun 10 08:47:01 CEST 2002

> Did you try playing the DVD while NOT mounting it ?

Hi Sylvain --

I've tried that -- if I don't mount it, neither libdvdread nor mplayer finds
anything.

I do have the symlink /dev/dvd to /dev/hdc, and this works fine when I'm on the
remote machine. But I can't get it to find the device when I'm not. I agree that
if I could, I probably wouldn't have a problem.

If it's possible to define a DVD drive in such a way that programs running on a
remote computer can see it even when it's not mounted, that would be great. Does
anybody know if this is possible?

If it's not possible, I guess this means I have to rely on the "old method" of
descrambling, which I haven't been able to get make work.

Cheers,
Peter

Get YourName.Music.com- http://www.music.com/myband_main.html
Reserve your .Music.com address and reach thousands of fans!

Express yourself with a super cool email address from BigMailBox.com.
Hundreds of choices. It's free!
http://www.bigmailbox.com