[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: realvideo G2/v8 (rv20/rv30) support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 9 03:46:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

Yes, we did it! Using the binary codec libs from Realplayer8 for linux.
Thanks to Florian Schneider for his work!

It's in the CVS only, not present in pre5!

It's autodetected on linux, disabled for others (not ported/tested yet).

It plays all files from our .rm sample collection, except 2 very low
bitrate rv20 files, i'll fix it soon.

Audio support is coming soon, don't expect it now! (not yet implemented)

If you have .rm file non-playable (with broken video or crash), upload
it (the whole file) to ftp.mplayerhq.hu.

Most of the work is based on guessing, tracing, debugging, so don't expect
it to work perfect at first try. I'm pretty sure we have to fix some bugs
before it gets stable.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team