[MPlayer-users] playing movie on 2 monitors using xinerama

Petr Cirman badl at seznam.cz
Sat Jun 8 20:54:02 CEST 2002

Sascha Sommer wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

>>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>>
>>hi,
>>I would like to play my movies on both monitors (to get bigger picture).
>>My first adapter is GeForce2MX and the second one is Riva128. Using
>>nvidia driver for GeForce and nv driver for Riva.
>>Problem:
>>When using Riva's monitor for playing the movies, I must use driver -vo
>>x11 to see the picture. Every other possible driver shows black screen
>>instead of the picture. But this driver doesn't support scaling, so I
>>cannot use fullscreen of both monitors or that scaling...
>>When I use -vo xv I can of course use scaling but only GeForce's monitor
>>shows the picture (Riva's one doesn't ...).
>>So the result is that I can see movies only on ONE monitor or on both of
>>them but without fullscreen or scaling (original size ... strange).
>>Does any solutions exist for this ? (Excluding buying new card(s)).
>>thanks
>>
>>badl

>I'm not sure, if I got your point, but you can use softwarescaling with -vo
>x11 and the -zoom option.
>You'll need a fast machine then.
>Riva128 can't be used with -vo xv ;(
>
>S. Sommer

Thanks for really fast  answer.
The point was to use two 15" monitors instead of 1 30" ;-) to watch 16:9
movies.
I badly understood the functionality of the attribute zoom :-). I
thought some additional parameters are required to get higher scale.
But you were right about the fast proc. needed ... it's slow on my Duron ;(.
Do you know about GL driver for Riva ? It might help me to use hardware
scaling. Official Nvidia's kernel driver doesn't support Riva.

badl