[MPlayer-users] Problem with fullscreen

Stefan Lange hoirkman at gmx.de
Fri Jun 7 11:13:02 CEST 2002

[...]
>>SL> what card are you using
>

> ATI Rage Pro & Matrox Mystic (dual screen)

then you should use xv or xvidix aus videooutput device. x11 is really
the worst of all vo options (eats up cpu and looks ugly), and you should
only use it if really nothing else works.
to get xv you need to install the gatos drivers from gatos.sf.net,
(x)vidix comes with mplayer. I also recommend that you read mplayer's
documentation about the various vo-options (again), it really covers a
lot of this discussion.
you might also need the -xineramascreen option to select your screen,
check mplayer-manpage for that

>>SL> look at the configure output to see which drivers will be built into mplayer
>

> here is what configures says to me :
> Enabled optional drivers:
> Input: network tv-v4l tv mpdvdkit vcd
> Codecs: libavcodec directshow win32
> Audio output: oss
> Video output: xvidix vesa jpeg png mpegpes(file) fbdev dga xv x11 directfb

looks ok