[MPlayer-users] mplayer cgi

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Jun 5 18:50:02 CEST 2002

On Wed 05 Jun, Reinaldo Mello made the following spurious claims:
>      the cgi code.. it's very simple.. that'why i thought that was a
> MPlayer problem...

It does look relatively simple but I don't do C.  It also looks like
it might be hardcoded to use mpg123 -- i.e., it knows its options and
behaviour.

You could write a wrapper that will kick off mplayer in a few lines of
Perl if it has to be web-based.  Or you can do what I do and use a
file browser type application (e.g. Konqueror) which is bound to the
supported file types to kick off the appropriate command-line.  I plan
to do this with my Ipaq when it arrives tomorrow.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Democracy is the worst form of Government except all those
other forms that have been tried from time to time.

- Winston Churchill