[MPlayer-users] mencoder skipping/duplicating and -fps

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Jun 3 00:53:02 CEST 2002

> hmm. using -ofps together with streamcopy is a very bad idea
> i doubt it work at all...

Well, it seemed to work. Without -ofps, the streamcopying reports the
usual amount of duplicate frames and the output video is kind of jumpy
and uneven. With -ofps, the streamcopying is happy and produces even,
smooth output that plays just fine (as long as I specify -fps 23.976
when playing it). It's only when I try to encode again that I have these
problems.

> try both -fps 23.96 -ofps 23.96 at the same time
>
> or try -ofps 25, it may be a PAL rate stream instead of cinema one

No, neither of those work. I still get lots of skipped frames. Doing a
regular rip (encoding directly to lavc) from the original DVD worked
fine when I specified -ofps 23.976, so that is indeed the framerate of
the original material.

So, is there any hope of getting a good encoding out of that streamcopy?
Thanks for your assistance.

-Corey