[MPlayer-users] mencoder skipping/duplicating and -fps

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Jun 3 00:12:01 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:
>>$ mencoder save.avi -fps 23.976 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4
>

> use -ofps !
> -fps is different thing

Yes, I know - I tried that. Here's the breakdown:

without -ofps --> lots of duplicate frames
with -ofps 23.976 --> lots of skipped frames

I used -ofps 23.976 when I made the stream-copy of the original DVD, so
the source that I am working with is already 23.976fps. However,
something in the header(?) is saying it is 29.97fps. When I play it with
mplayer, I can correct that by forcing the playback fps to be 23.976,
hence the -fps switch.

Perhaps I am completely on the wrong track here, so I'm uploading the
first 10 megs of the file to ...incoming/clh3.avi
If anyone can tell me how to encode it without skipping/duplicating, I'd
be much obliged.

-Corey