[MPlayer-users] (Solved) GUI unfunctional during playback

Jarno Elonen elonen at iki.fi
Sun Jun 2 11:54:02 CEST 2002

> > The GUI of 0.90pre4 - buttons, slider, everything - become totally
> > unresponsive *during playback* on my computer (Debian sid, i686, kde3). I
> > can't even stop the player by pressing stop-button but have to press ESC
> > (or kill the process).

Curious. This was just "miraculously" fixed - can't make a bug report any
more.

I just tried a few different Mplayer versions to see since which one things
got broken. Suddenly the GUI then started working again and even the binaries
I used last night for debugging, worked just fine. Probably some old/broken
configuration/data file, capable of making the GUI unstable, was overwritten
by a working one.

- Jarno