[MPlayer-users] GUI unfunctional during playback

Jarno Elonen elonen at iki.fi
Sat Jun 1 21:02:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

I've some UI problems with Mplayer:

The GUI of 0.90pre4 - buttons, slider, everything - become totally
unresponsive *during playback* on my computer (Debian sid, i686, kde3). I
can't even stop the player by pressing stop-button but have to press ESC (or
kill the process).

Clicking the middle button on top of the movie, while it's playing, also
doesn't pop up the menu but rather two GTK error boxes:

   1. "error...": "No bind found for key MOUSE_BTN1"
       Pressing OK on this dialog doesn't close it, btw, but produces
       "Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 1388 (gtk_widget_destroy):
        assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed." in the console.

   2. "error ... <2>": ""
       This closes from the OK button.

Is this a known bug in pre4, perhaps a defect in packaging (I've installed
mplayer from .deb's) or some (configuration?) problem specific to my system
only?

- Jarno