[MPlayer-users] resampling frequency using mencoder and lame

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jul 31 23:05:02 CEST 2002

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:46:57PM +0200, Mariusz Woloszyn wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, D Richard Felker III wrote:
>
> > > What is teh best way to dump out the audio using mencoder?
> >
> > If the audio is mp3 to begin with, just use
> >
> > mplayer -dumpaudio source.avi
> >
> > Otherwise, you'll have to use
> >
> > mplayer -ao pcm -vo null -vc null source.avi
> >
> > to write the audio to a wav file. This takes a lot longer but it will
> > work for any source audio type mplayer can play.
> >
> The second method works for me, but I lost sync.
> I want to reencode the mov file with H.263 codec generated by my kodak
> mc3 camera.
> Is there something I can do to keep the sync?

Hmm, my guess is that the .mov is variable framerate. Do you get lots
of skipped/duplicate frame messages when running mencoder? If so
you'll probably have to re-encode the video at fixed framerate or use
a different tool instead of mencoder, until mencoder is improved to be
able to output variable framerate movies. You might try ffmpeg or
transcode, perhaps.

Rich