[MPlayer-users] BUG: locales and configuration files

Petr Ferschmann petr at ferschmann.cz
Sun Jul 28 11:53:02 CEST 2002

Hello,

I want to submit BUG report. I found error in mplayer.

In czech countries we are not using numbers in this format:
0.1234 but instead 0,1234

so if you set setlocale( LC_ALL, "" ) and use printf( "%f\n", 0.1234 ); it
prints 0,1234. Of course function strtod can handle it properly (I checked it
on my system).

So to the problem:
there is configuration file gui.conf. It have some floating point values. When
I run mplayer for first time it starts properly but overwrites this
configuration file and adds 0,0000. But when I start mplayer next time it
opens this configuration file and can't read it with:

/home/fers/.mplayer/gui.conf(40): equ_band_10
parameter must be a floating point number or a ratio
(numerator[:/]denominator): 0,000000

So what is wrong?
I am using GUI with czech language. I also find that setlocale( LC_ALL, "" )
in mp_msg.c is commented out (at least when symbol USE_I18N is not defined).

The program starts without support for czech support. Read the configuration
and starts GTK+ gui. But it uses czech language (for buttons etc) so it calls
setlocale( LC_ALL, "" );
And later the program saves configuration (but with czech support).

How to fix that?
If there is no special problem I recommend calling setlocale( LC_ALL, "" )
always at start. Or at least when I am using GUI.

Please send answers directly to my address because I am not member of mplayer
mailgroup.

Some info about my system:
Debian unstable
mplayer CVS-020727-10:20-2.95.4
Linux penelope 2.4.18 #11 Po čen 10 15:32:21 CEST 2002 i686 unknown unknown
gcc version  2.95.4
gtk+ version 1.2.10
glibc 2.2.5-7

and my locales are:
LANG=cs_CZ.ISO-8859-2
LC_ALL=cs_CZ.ISO-8859-2

			With regards

                                  Petr "Fers" Ferschmann

PS: your code indentation is strange and unreadable :-(
PS2: mplayer is good peace of software :-)

- --

 -=[  petr at ferschmann.cz  ]==[ http://petr.ferschmann.cz/ ]=-
- -=[ Koukni na http://www.postcard.cz/ ]==[ +420 604/781 009 ]=-

GPG Fingerprint:
[83B0 6378 7A9D D993 035E  60BD FEEC F665 D2C8 1B9A]