[MPlayer-users] mencoder subtitle 'speed'

Alexander Boulgakov boulgakov at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jul 28 02:10:01 CEST 2002

Greetings!

	Mencoder is working fine, except for a weird subtitle problem (perhaps
a bug). When I play using xine (sorry, used it since long ago --> not
implying mplayer is worse or anything. No flames!) off of my dvd, the
subtitles (english) work fine. However, mencoder dvd->mpeg4 (divx) has
something weird about the subtitles in the encoded file: sometimes they
appear and disappear too fast to read (when playing dvd, it is fine). I
am using mencoder 0.90pre5 (the latest), and here is the command line:

mencoder -dvd 1 -dvdangle 2 -sid 1 -alang ja -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -o
movie.avi

Most of the subtitles are fine, but sometimes, they appear and disappear
momentarily. I coulnd't find out whether this is an mplayer or just
mencoder problem, since I can't get mplayer to work on my computer (I
have weird laptop, perhaps) Any ideas?

Alex