[MPlayer-users] mencvcd errors...

Kei Furuuchi kfur at kei1man.ath.cx
Fri Jul 26 19:11:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 11:16:09AM -0500, Brendan Dolan-Gavitt wrote:
> So far, I've had absolutely zero luck getting mencvcd to work. To test it
> out, I've been trying to get mencvcd to encode a single MPEG1 video file
> (I'll play with getting separate vcd tracks later...) However, no matter
> what source file I use, I get the same error, and the only files produced
> are a 20k mpeg audio file and a named pipe. Attached is a log produced by
> running:

According to my experiance,
mjpegtool doesnot understand yuv4mpeg headers mplayer produces.

I add those arguments for them for my situation, which is for Japan:

      ($denoise < $VIDEO | \
         yuvscaler -n n -v 0 $wide -O $norm $size $yuvin | \
         mpeg2enc -n n -F 4 -a 2 -v 0 -s $mpegnorm -S $max -g 6 -G 15 -r 16 \
                  $framerate $yuvin -4 2 -2 1 -o $NAME.mpv) &

I don't remember which, you must check.

Regards,
Kei.