[MPlayer-users] ffmpeg problems, old and new

Anssi Saari as at sci.fi
Thu Jul 25 15:27:01 CEST 2002

I have three problem files, one old and two new.

1. brightness_problem.avi, in mplayerhq.hu incoming/!checked.
   I uploaded this a long time ago.
   Brightness jumps at keyframe change with ffmpeg (ffdivx), but it's
   fine with win32 codecs. I remember this problem was fixed
   at some point, put now it's back?!? Or I'm crazy...

2. brightness_jump_with_ffodivx.avi, in mplayerhq.hu incoming.
   Same problem as above, but with ffodivx.

3. colorbleed_with_ffmpeg.avi, in mplayerhq.hu incoming.
   This has some color bleeding (if that's the right term) with ffdivx.
   The effect is visible in the lower right corner starting at 9 seconds
   into the clip.  There is some stuff on a table, the camera moves and
   the dark table top takes on a lighter color from one of the things on
   it, until next keyframe where it resets to correct color. It's not a
   very good example, I've seen others recently but of course I don't
   remember where... This problem also doesn't happen with win32 codec.

These all with MPlayer CVS-020724-09:51-3.1, xv and x11 output.