[MPlayer-users] libavcodec in cvs

Simon Oosthoek simon at cal003100.student.utwente.nl
Tue Jul 23 16:00:02 CEST 2002

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 10:31:04AM -0300, Alejandro N?stor Vargas wrote:

> I was trying CVS version and I found CVS does not include libavcodec
> directory. I linked libavcodec directory from pre5 but I obtains the
> followingerror:

As you may have noticed in my previous posting (format not supported) I made
a similar error...

The documentation (codecs.html) at the FFmpeg section gives the solution:

-----------------------
2.2.1.2. FFmpeg DivX/libavcodec

   Beginning with version 0.4.2, FFmpeg contains an open source DivX codec,
   which is compatible with the traditional DivX. MPlayer supports this
   codec, making it possible to watch DivX/DivX4/DivX5/MP41/MP42 movies on
   non-x86 platforms. Furthermore it offers higher decoding speed than the
   Win32 codecs or the original DivX4 library!

   It also contains a lot of nice codecs, such as RealVideo 1.0, WMV7,
MJPEG,
   h263, h263+, etc.

   If you use an MPlayer release you have libavcodec right in the package,
   just build as usual. If you use MPlayer from CVS you have to extract
   libavcodec from the FFmpeg CVS tree as FFmpeg 0.4.5 does not work with
   MPlayer. In order to achieve this do:

   ^@1. cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg
       login
   ^@2. cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.ffmpeg.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/ffmpeg
co
       ffmpeg
   ^@3. Move the libavcodec directory from the FFmpeg sources to the root of
       the MPlayer CVS tree. It should look like this:

           main/libavcodec

       Symlinking is not enough, you have to copy/move it!!!
   ^@4. Compile. Configure should detect problems before compilation.

   NOTE: MPlayer from CVS does contain a libavcodec subdirectory, but it
does
   NOT contain the source for libavcodec! You must follow the steps above to
   obtain the source for this library.

   With FFmpeg and my Matrox G400, I can view even the highest resolution
   DivX movies without dropped frames on my K6/2 500.

it solved my problem!

Cheers

Simon