[MPlayer-users] $HOME/.mplayer/config format

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sun Jul 21 21:49:01 CEST 2002

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 09:29:03PM +0200, Sylvain Petreolle wrote:

> > vo=x11
> >
> > -vo x11 is the command line syntax, can't be used in config file
>
> This should be in the manpage, shouldn't it ?
> If we must guess the parameters, this doesn't look serious ;):)

I guess no ... You can summarize the WHOLE usage of a complex program within
a single man page ... I think a man page should be about command line switches
and some basic information. For more, see the documentation. It's no use to
duplicate information otherwise you will able to read the SAME documentation
(with its whole size) on a VERY huge man page AND in the dox as well ...
Also, I think quite lots of programs uses variable=value like configuration
file and -variable value like command line switches, so maybe it's trivial.

- Gábor (larta'H)