[MPlayer-users] NAMP : no install.sh

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 20 16:00:02 CEST 2002

On Sat, Jul 20, 2002 at 02:58:57PM -0400, shadowland.hampstead wrote:
> Colin Leroy wrote:
> >[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> >On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 02:35:13 -0400 "shadowland.hampstead" <j.a.l at free.fr>
> >wrote:
> >
> >Hi,
> >

> >>- 2Am, just uploded the first relase of my new soft, NAMP, a gtk2
> >>frontend for mplayer.
> >

> >Just a little comment:
> >
> >[colin at chloe ~/download/NAMP-0.1]$ ./configure
> >configure: error: can not find install-sh or install.sh in . ./.. ./../..
> >
> >Not everybody has automake in /usr/share/automake...
>
> -it's what happen while using non standard dist. Just one thing to to :

Quit distro trolling.

> 	automake -a -i

Automake is only supposed to be installed on systems whose users will
be doing development using automake. Configure scripts generated with
automake should run perfectly fine on a system *without* automake
installed. RTFM automake and autoconf manuals, you're specifically
supposed to put install-sh in your source dir.

Rich