BUGREPORT Re: Re: [MPlayer-users] weird problem with ASF/WMV files

Samuel Liddicott sam at liddicott.com
Thu Jul 18 21:32:01 CEST 2002

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Arpi" <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 1:19 PM
Subject: Re: Re: [MPlayer-users] weird problem with ASF/WMV files

> i cannot find it.
> filenames? date of your bugreport mail?

I think it may have gone astray again, so here we are:

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
Arpi wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html] Hi,
>> I did this, submitted a bug report for a similar error, uploaded file
>> samples and heard no response.
> i cannot find it.
> filenames? date of your bugreport mail?

Date of mail: 20 June 2002
Subject: BUG Report: Stuck wma->mpeg1 conversion with mencoder using cvs as
of 10 minutes ago

Other wma8 issues are where video output stops for a second or two while
audio carrys on then either the stuck frame starts to move about as the new
images merge in till a key frame, or we then get a load of frames played
very quickly as it tries to catch up

Copied below:
[ NOTE: I uploaded this to MPlayer/incoming on 1st July as:
  mencodempeg.txt mencodempeg.asf ]

--- original message ---

Full system details at the end of this report

I have a section of a live wma8 stream which causes mencoder to get
stuck at 100% cpu usage when converting to mpeg1video

I discovered this tracking down why http://www.byutv.org/byutv250.asx
kept hanging when playing to dxr3

I recorded to disk and extracted a sample bad clip 2MB using
mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy -endpos ......
this bad clip is available at http://www.liddicott.com/bad2.asf

If you try and convert to mpeg1 (as happens when playing to dxr3) with:
mencoder -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -o bb.avi bad2.asf

Then after a while it stops outputting and "top" shows 100% cpu on

It is worth noting that this wma8 stream is new-ish and has 0 length
frames (mplayer was recently patched for this) and may well have other
strange and new things in it.

This is a duron 700 256MB redhat 7.2 box fully up2date (apart from
gcc3.1), kernel 2.4.18
glibc 2.2.4
gcc version 3.0.4
GNU ld version (with BFD
GNU assembler version (i386-redhat-linux) using BFD version # cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 6
model           : 3
model name      : AMD Duron(tm) Processor
stepping        : 0
cpu MHz         : 750.056
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca
cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow bogomips        :

MPlayer-dev-eng mailing list
MPlayer-dev-eng at mplayerhq.hu

RTFM!!!  http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/DOCS
Search:  http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/cgi-bin/htsearch

More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list