[MPlayer-users] mlayer rpm

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Jul 18 07:27:01 CEST 2002

On Thursday, 18 July 2002, Jose wrote:
> I installed the rpm mplayer (mplayer-0.90pre5-2.i586.rpm) and if i
> writte in the console the comand it won load the program and says this:

> [mmodem at www mmodem]$ mplayer
[snip - normal mplayer output]

> But if i write in the console this: (the name of the file cannot contein
> spaces cause if it have spaces won't pkay the file saying that does not
> find the file...)

You need to learn a lot. You need to enclose the filename with spaces in "",
for example "A file with spaces in its name.avi".

> [mmodem at www mmodem]$ mplayer file_without_without_spaces.mpg
>
> it plays the mpeg file ok, of course that only appears the movie,don't
> appear any console with options to click like to put in fullscren and etc...
>
> What can i do to put mplayer ok, like appearing the "skin" with controls
> to click...

You want GUI. Instructions on how to build an RPM with GUI are on the webpage
where you downloaded this RPM from. They're written for RedHat, but should
work on MDK, too. Try at your own risk.

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>