[MPlayer-users] big A/V syn problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 16 15:56:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > maybe too slow cpu/io?
> > or buggy audio driver? you forgot to mention soundcard and driver
> p3 1000, with nvidia drivers, it's fast enough
ok

> soundcard is a sb awe 64
maybe oss driver is buggy, try alsa9 with oss emu
afaik sb awe has its own ram, so it may have big a-v delay by hardware
not known by mplayer

> > could you show me the status line _when_ you see the big a-v desync ?
> > i wanna see the A-V: etc values then
> you can see it when first guy talk
> sound is coming at ~0:01:12 (frame 1748)  ("knock*knock* putain mais
> 					t'es malade ou quoi, t'as vu l'heure?")

i also noticed that part, but it's a dubbed film, and it looks like a bad
one. i've also checked the original sounds, like door knocking etc. they
seems to be ok. i've learnt the no.1 rule of a-v sync tests: never use
dubbed sample :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team