[MPlayer-users] playing rm files...

DEBERT Jean-Louis jl_debert at rsd-intl.com
Mon Jul 15 11:26:01 CEST 2002

Arpi wrote:

>  yes, few months ago it was hardcoded in to -vo dxr3.
>  as we have video filter now, all these hardcoded hakcs has
>  been removed,
>  and mpeg1 encoding is in external filters now.
>
>  > 2. do you see any way to make it transparent (for .rm
>  > through the dxr3) ???
>  transparent?

Well, I meant: since in that case a filter is _needed_
and (at least on PCs) libavcodec does work, why not call
the filter automatically (or as default) in that case ??

>  If not, is it because lavc does not
>  > (yet) work on all platforms supported by Real and mplayer ?
>  huh?

see above

>  > Same question about .avi (divx) and dxr3 ...
>  what?

see above

>  > 3. I get signal 11 if I specify -vop lame instead of lavc.
>  lame????

Sorry, a slip of the finger. Of course I meant "fame" not lame.

>  > Not that I care since lavc is supposed to be faster and better
>  > (on Intel PC at least). Just FYI (I use gcc 3.1.1 on Mandrake 8.2).
>
>  RTFb ?

Can do, but is it worth it, seeing that lavc is supposed to be better ?