DVD playback problem (was Re: [MPlayer-users] -dumpsrtsub bug?)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 14 19:07:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Unfortunately I'm now having another problem.
> Several times during the dvd's, the timer gets
> reset in a manner that seems to be have no
> correlation to anything.  I don't think it has
> to do with chapters, but either way, if anyone
> knows what this bug (feature?) is, could they
it's a bug/feature of the dvd mastering sw they used to create the disk.
i've also noticed this on a dvd disc, counter jumps/resets several times.
probably they didn't re-calculate/fix timestamps in the stream after
editing. anyway, i have no idea how to do it for multiple threads/angles,
when there are several versions of the same video with different length, but
many of the video content shared between them.

> tell me if there's anyway to overcome it?
no idea.
maybe, we could detect counter jumps and correct them, but it won't work
with seeking.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team