[MPlayer-users] Re: [MPlayer-users] ASF patenting ?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 14 15:25:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> guys, you look scared as hell. What's going on? I can understand, that some
> USA guy is scared of RIAA, DMCA and such bullshit. But m-Europeans? Can
> you imagine M$ guys walking to your flat in Budapest/Prague/Warsaw? I come
> from Brno/CZ and this imagination sound ridiculous to me. What can they do?
everything.

> Are they police? No. Are they gods? No. They are just bunch of crack-heads with
> big amount of money in their asses. That's it.
yes. and it's enough, at least here.

they come and say that you are a cracker of technology x y z.
and the police will arrest you. maybe after years you'll be freeed, but it's
late then. unfortunatelly, money is over law at many places.

yes, i know that we are right and m$ is the bad, but they have enough money
to pay the best group of lawyers, while we haven't.
and where no strict, exact laws for such things, the better lawyer wins.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team