[MPlayer-users] PCM Multichannel Out -> Vorbis

Daniel Kenzelmann TripleD at web.de
Sat Jul 13 03:15:03 CEST 2002

Questions:
Is the pcm output ready to output more than 2 channels
(AC3) ? It would be ok as raw pcm (To encode as Ogg/Vorbis).
Is there a standard to locate the channelnumber to the
output-channel in Ogg/Vorbis? (same as in AC3 would be ok...,
is there something official? Ogg/Vorbis 1.0 is out in CVS!)
Raw PCM Output with 6 channels shouldn't be too hard to
implement (in my not so high technically involved opinion)
(liba52 for AC3, right? Do they support full 6 channel output
instead of downmixing?)

Vorbis as Soundcodec would be great,
better would be Ogg as standard media container,
anything planned?

Cheers, and keep up the EXCELLENT work,
(BTW, you are the reason to quit M$ completely (DivX was the only
reason to keep me with M$ to play movies, and now i am showing
everyone else (M$-users) how to play quite ANY Movie with MPlayer!)

TripleD

(Please excuse any stupid or technically/grammatically wrong questions
... Alcohol has its negative influences!)

--
Kommt ein Vektor zur Drogenberatung:
"Hilfe, ich bin linear abhängig!"

PGP Fingerprint:
1839 78CC 4232 DBB1 B3B2 21F1 3505 E1BB B238 2F29