[MPlayer-users] mediocre results when dvd-ripping/encoding

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Mon Jul 8 17:57:02 CEST 2002

Arpi dijo:
> 2-pass video encoding should solve this, by using very high bitrate for
> action scenes, and very low for slideshow ;) but i don't get much
> better result with 2-pass than 1-pass. probably i should tune 2-pass
> with those parameters, but i had no time to do it yet. anyway there are
> 3 algos for 2-pass control, 0/1/2, 2 is the default but i've found 1 i
> much better.

My experience with 2 pass encoding was very bad. I found much better results
with 2 pass. With 2 passes I obtained smaller files and very poor quality
in fastmotion scenes. I've done about 4 or 5 tryes (of about 11 hours each one)
before abandoning it and start encoding in 1 pass.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
ICQ: 20528995.