[MPlayer-users] mediocre results when dvd-ripping/encoding

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Mon Jul 8 17:56:01 CEST 2002

gabor farkas dijo:
> i tried every possible lavc switch, mailed mplayer-users etc. but
> couldn't rellyget it abouve 50Mb... and after some time someone told
> me, that simply lavc is soo good that there isn't any moreinfo  hecould
> encode so he encoded all the info he colud get into 40mb... and btw.
> the quality of the 40mb file was ok..
>
> now for other files when i encode lavc produces filesizes really  near
> to waht i specify...so maybe the guy  was right with that
> no-more-info-to-encode thing
>
> i don't know if this applies to your problem, but hope it helps

This seems to be tue, bu I spent 2 weeks on testing different bitrates with
some disapointing results. There are a few scenes that needs al least 800
kbps that are encoded very bad if I specify less than 800. I know the picture
can be compressed at less bitrates because I extracted this "difficult"
fragment and a fragment from other part of the picture and the other parts
canbe compressed with 450-500 with great quality.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
ICQ: 20528995.