[MPlayer-users] ./configure --enable-gui

Chris Bergstrom chberg at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 7 20:09:01 CEST 2002

hi.
Joy sent me this message.
yuo have the old libpng laying around usually in /usr/lib. delete it (or
delete all libpngs and png.h's and reinstall) and try again.
it is nothing mplayer specific its some "unix basic. myabe yuo choose a
linux-workshop near by yuo and/or read some books about it.

I followed the instruction and deleted all libpngs and ping.h's and
reinstalled them. Guess what? The compilation went perfect so I shut the
system down and went for breafast. Came back and turned my computer
on just to find out that I had no GUI because SuSu8.0 could not find
libpng. Now what do I do?  I can't do an update because everything is fine,
if I install SuSe I will loose everything.

Please give me some useful information this time.

Chris