[MPlayer-users] ./configure --enable-gui

joy joy at pingfm.org
Sat Jul 6 07:26:01 CEST 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 05:58:54PM -0400, Chris Bergstrom wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Libpng1.2.3 is installed in usr/local/lib, usr/local/bin, usr/local/include
> and the config file is looking in usr/lib no wonder it can't find it.
> How do I change ./configure to make it look at libpng1.2.3, or is it
> safe to
> change the prefix=/usr/local/lib in the makefile for libpng-1.2.3?

installation of libpng in /usr/local/lib or /usr/lib shouldn't matter
for mplayer configure. you should have installed png.h also at an
usual path (/usr/local/include/ or /usr/include). look for it!
if it already isn't, you should add /usr/local/lib to your library-path
and export it in your .bashrc. mine for example looks like:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
(you have to logout/in after it!)

add also the path to your ld.so.conf

after installation of libpng or any other library you should do a
ldconfig as root.

for libraries and headers in unusual places you can pass the path to
mplayer while configuring with:

--with-extralibdir=DIR   extra library files (png, SDL, ...) in DIR
--with-extraincdir=DIR   extra headers (png, dvb, mad, sdl, css, ...) in DIR

--
regards

____-
joy