[MPlayer-users] Feature request: don't exit at end of file

Alejandro Néstor Vargas anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar
Thu Jul 4 16:20:02 CEST 2002

Samuel Liddicott dijo:
> DOCS/bugreports.html] Alejandro Néstor Vargas wrote:
>> I can program in C, I found the part when it ends when the end of file
>> is reached, but I don't know enough the program for adding a clean
>> patch without your help.
>
> I'm still looking for that part, can you tell me where it is so I can
> have a go?
> The behvaiour I'm going to is that seek-forwards will always stop 2
> seconds before the end of file.
> If it plays to 1.5 seconds before end of file, a seek forwards will
> actually seek backwards to 2 seconds.
> So you have ti let it play the last 2 second, or in other words if you
> seek to the end and its too far you have 2 seconds to seek back again
> before it quits.

The code where it is checked the eof is near the end of mplayer.c.
check where it says:

  /* detect wether the sub has changed or not */
  if(spudec_changed(vo_spudec))
    vo_osd_changed(OSDTYPE_SPU);
  current_module=NULL;
}

} // while(!eof)

mp_msg(MSGT_GLOBAL,MSGL_V,"EOF code: %d  \n",eof);

}

By the way, the "// while(!eof)" must be at the next }, not where it is.

I think your idea is good, but there may be usefull if mplayer don't exits
whenit reaches the end of file even if it happends normally and not with right
arrow. It may be a command line or config switch because it is a preference
of the user.

--
Alejandro Néstor Vargas
anv at xnetcuyo.com.ar