[MPlayer-users] Streaming media-- This is excellent

Peter McConnell slackpat at HotPOP.com
Wed Jul 3 07:54:02 CEST 2002

I compiled the latest mplayer (not the cvs version) gcc3.17
last night and tested it with an avi and mpg
and it works excellently

These are the commands used to look at c span 1 2 and 3 which is encoded
with
wm7 http://cspan.org
mplayer -gui -vo x11
http://wms-rbn-sea14.rbn.com/cspan/cspan/wmlive/cspan1v.asf
mplayer -gui -vo x11
http://wms-rbn-sea14.rbn.com/cspan/cspan/wmlive/cspan2v.asf
mplayer -gui -vo x11
http://wms-rbn-sea14.rbn.com/cspan/cspan/wmlive/cspan3v.asf

And the player worked great

With wm8 the sound started but the player crashed
http://thebasement.com.au
mplayer -gui -vo x11 mms://wmt2.bigpond.com/UCS-mulray0
mplayer -gui -vo x11 mms://wmt2.bigpond.com/UCS-mulray1
mplayer -gui -vo x11 -framedrop mms://wmt2.bigpond.com/UCS-mulray1

I hope these streaming media links will be of some interest. I will
compile the cvs
version before I write a bug report.

This is excellent............
                                                      Peter