[MPlayer-users] strange behavior...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jul 2 23:10:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> > here is a strange behavior i noticed with MPlayer 0.90pre5-3.0:
> > playing "star wars, episod 1" dvd, during intro if i skip several times
> >  forward and then skip several times backward, the intro text turns
> > from  english to french ! and then if i do it again, back to english !
> > can someone explain ?
>
> I've noted the same problem with some Disney DVDs. The titles in different
> languages are recorded as multi-angle, using -dvdangle to select intro
> language.
>
> Is there a problem when skipping backwards and multiangle? or it only
> happens when there is not an angle specified?

there are so-called NAV sectors containing navigation info, including
where-to-jump-for-angle-X, it's used to re-sync to the right angle after
seeking. but i've implemented it blindly, without having any docs, having
a very buggy and incomplete libdvdread, and no multiangle disks...
so it may be, better: probably buggy, but i cannot fix it, sorry

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team