[MPlayer-users] best matrox card

Hetz Ben Hamo hetz at kde.org
Thu Jan 31 15:07:02 CET 2002

On Thursday 31 January 2002 15:36, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > - that you get full 3D acceleration on BOTH screens, while with Matrox
> > G400Max (for example) the 3D on the 2nd screen is very slow..
>
> this one is false.
> it was true long time ago...

Well, it really depends on the point of view...

I'm not saying that the 2nd screen runs 3D in software rendering mode (like
with Mesa un-accelerated) - it IS running hardware accelerated [I wish i knew
why it took them so long to implement that!], but you are more then welcome
to try the speed of Geforce 2MX VS. Matrox G400 under any OS with 3D
acceleration on the 2nd screen. nVidia beats Matrox on it. It's not the
driver, but the G400 card itself is slow on the 2nd screen.

Hetz