[MPlayer-users] performance...

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Thu Jan 31 00:14:01 CET 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Brian J. Murrell wrote:

> I wish oh so badly I could achieve the same results with Linux.

So you and me both.  Why don't we fix it...

Full-screen output to video is to do with getting your vga->tv ouput chip
correctly set up.

Getting playback locked to vsync could be done two ways I can think of:
 - queue up frames in the driver itself and copy them on vsync, or
 - pass vsync "phase" info back into mplayer and have mplayer adapt
   its playback to match.

What cards do you have, which is your preferred output card?
Which preferred output driver...?

For me its my Voodoo3 TV,  and the xv output driver that I'm interested
in.

Steve