[MPlayer-users] NVidia will be bannished

gabor farkas xlat at pobox.sk
Tue Jan 29 21:47:02 CET 2002

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 07:55 pm, you wrote:
> Actually, that's not true. The Radeon 8500 is a far superior 3d card,
> even with vastly inferior drivers. Most benchmarks tend to bear that
> out. However, the speed of the card means nothing if it isn't
> stable. My 8500 is much faster than my friend's GeForce 3, but I
> experience crashes in the middle of things like 3dMark2001. So who has
> the better card?

ok. i apologize :-)

i've checked www.ati.com when they released the 8500, and i haven't found
any information regarding the vertex/pixel shaders. of course just AFTER
posting this message i went to ati.com and of course inmediately found out
that the 8500 supports them.

i knew that it's faster in raw speed....

i really don't want to blame ati.. the 8500 is a fast card, i don't know if
the drivers became stable enough....

btw. i hope you didn't test the rad8500 in quake3 :-)

but if we are here... i'm planning on buying a new 3d card...

what about ati drivers for linux? are they stable enough?

bye,
gabor